Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Anyone can do it!!



I am a little intimidated about writing a blog. After all I didn't go to college, got married very young, and the less I remember about so called learning in high school the better. I didn't even realize the computer age until my youngest son wanted a computer when he was probably 12 and he now 31. I didn't learn it until I had to with my business but once you get it, it is pretty easy. At least the basic stuff. I now can pay bills on line with ease, face book on a regular basis, sell lots of stuff and actually know what I am doing. Anyone can do it. The i pod, i pad, blackberry ect. is still a mystery though because it cost a lot of money and that is not a priority in my life. I will keep my straight talk phone for a while which does a lot but I can't see the screen. I still use it to search just to say I can.
A lot of you out there grew up with computers and it is such a part of your life you couldn't understand why anyone would not have a lap top, an i phone, i pad ect. Some of us remember just sitting outside, climbing a tree, or even playing ball with the neighborhood kids. I can remember having a scavenger hunt at night in my small town and the people couldn't wait for you to come to their door. The town of Three oaks was an awesome place to grow up. The little town I live by now is still small, friendly but can you trust people now. Not really. That is a sad thing for me to say. I love the small atmosphere. If I ever had to move again, I hope it would be a small town.
I am almost 59 and with my running, country air, my husband, grown kids, grand kids, dogs and my nice house I live in, I feel healthier and smarter than I ever felt in my life. They say you get smarter with age. I believe they are right who ever you are.
The point is that running has changed my outlook on life. It makes you feel great inside and I want everyone to feel it. It changes every aspect of you life, even when you might have troubles. It helps you cope with just about anything. Try it !! you can do it if I can at my age. Just walk for 15 minutes to get your heart pumping. It will change your life and make you feel good especially about yourself. Just do it!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Becky, glad to see you trying out the "new" technology out there. You will be great at this. I hope to get back to my blog, but will wait until I retire.

    ReplyDelete