Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What does my title mean to me?



The title of my blog is different but true. About a year and 1/2 ago I started running. At the ripe age of 57 I started running. Slow at first about 1/3 mile for a while, then 2/3 s and then 1 mile and so on. It took me about 3 months to get to 3 by slowly doing it at least 3 times a week. Now it is a breeze to run 3 glorious miles. The reason I started was that my granddaughter was in " girls on the run" and asked if I would run too. See the first year I walked it and didn't like the fact that all these people were passing me even though I was walking pretty fast. So I decided last spring( a year ago) to see if I could do it. I started running in my driveway which is 1/3 mile both ways so when I run 9 times back and forth it is 3 miles. It has changed my idea of exercise. It has changed me so much that I am starting a walking & running club in my little town of Harrisville, Michigan.
You might think that I was obese or way over weight to do this. Yes I am a bit over weight (about 20 lbs) but not the reason I exercise. I do it for my lungs, heart, limbs and well being. When you are committed to working out whatever your program is, you will miss doing it. I love it now and want to pass on the good feeling it gives me every time I do it. I exercised when I was younger, but never stayed committed to it.
My club started last night, and I only had 2 people but that was 2 people that exercised and walked a few blocks and maybe just maybe they will do it again. Hopefully next time, there will be more people but if not, I will still walk or run to my hearts content. oh yes, June 10 I will be 59 years young. I love running now..

No comments:

Post a Comment